About Professor Shawn Williams
Shawn Williams Is widely considered one of the best instructors in the world, and known for his detailed and articulate instruction. He has been trusted by UFC World Champions, our Country’s top Law Enforcement Agencies and Military, and thousands of students just looking for fun, fitness, community and self defense. There’s no reason why you shouldn’t take advantage of him right here in the Los Angeles Area!
- 3rd Degree Black Belt directly under Master Renzo Gracie
- 5th American to be awarded a Black Belt from Master Renzo Gracie
- Assistant Coach on The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) season 12 Team GSP
- Integral part of training camps for Georges St. Pierre (Welterweight UFC Champion and Matt Serra (Former Welterweight UFC Champion)
- Cornered Rodrigo Gracie in K-1 MMA in Japan
- Cornered several other fighters in the UFC and other various MMA promotions
- Certified U.S. Army Combatives Instructor
- Taught D.E.A, NYPD, NYPD detectives
- Bronze medalist in Pan games for Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (Adult Black Belt Division), 2 time Grappler’s Quest Champion, NAGA pro 8 man invitational, International Pro Am Champion, Ohio Pro Am Champion, 2 time bronze medalist Pan games for BJJ in other belt divisions.
- Currently has students who have won gold medals in IBJJF events including Pans, Vegas Open, Fall Open.
- Is the founder of The Williams Guard (a variation of the Guard position that many of todays athletes use today in competition in BJJ and MMA)
- Official Commentator for the IBJJF’s premier events such as The BJJ World Championships, Pans, No-Gi World Championships.
- Official Commentator for Abu Dhabi – the premier Professional Submission Wrestling tournament in the World.
- Is widely considered one of the best instructors in the world and know for his detailed and articulate instruction.
- Also holds a Black Belt in Goju Ryu Karate and trained in the various other striking arts for 25 years
- Has a Collegiate wrestling background so puts a heavy emphasis on the importance of takedowns in his curriculum.
- Featured in the books:
- Mastering Ju Jitsu by Renzo Gracie and John Danaher
- The Complete Guide to Gracie Jiu Jitsu by Rodrigo Gracie and Kid Peligro
- Brazilian Jiu Jitsu: The Path to the Black Belt by Rodrigo Gracie and Kid Peligro
- Member of the Martial Arts Hall of Fame
About Khun Kru John Spezzano
John Spezzano is known in Los Angeles, across the country and numerous European countries as a highly gifted martial arts instructor and strength coach. He has trained U.S. law enforcement and military personnel on the local, state and federal level who need to be prepared when they step into live combat zones as well as civilians from all walks of life who might simply want to get fit, have fun and learn self defense. John is also a highly qualified strength and conditioning coach and is known to blend functional fitness training in his martial arts classes so the student improves on many levels simultaneously. You owe it to yourself to see what high-quality instruction with John can do for your life!
- Associate Level Muay Thai instructor under Grand Master Chai Sirisute, the man who brought Muay Thai to America in 1968
- Martial Arts Instructor credentials:
- Filipino Martial Arts – Full Instructor under Guro Dan Inosanto
- Jun Fan Gung Fu / Jeet Kune Do Concepts (Bruce Lee’s martial art) – Full Instructor under Sifu Dan Inosanto
- Maphilindo Silat – Associate Instructor under Guru Dan Inosanto
- Wing Chun – Associate Instructor under Sifu Francis Fong
- Savate – Silver Glove under Nicolas Saignac
- Walisongo Silat – Instructor under Pendekar Steven Benitez
- Staff Instructor at the Inosanto Academy of Martial Arts from 1995 – 2009 conducting regular classes in all of the above martial arts
- Strength and Conditioning credentials:
- RKC certified Kettlebell Instructor
- Gym Jones certified Strength and Conditioning Instructor
- Author of The Martial Arts / Kettlebell Connection published by Black Belt Publications
- Author of numerous kettlebell training articles published in Black Belt Magazine
- Author of numerous kettlebell and martial arts training articles published in Martial Arts Illustrated (UK magazine)
- Considered a kettlebell training “subject matter expert” by the United States Marine Corps
- Filmed instructional strength and conditioning lessons for the Pentagon Channel
- Featured on KTLA news regarding women’s self defense concepts and techniques
- Uses his multifaceted understanding of a wide variety of martial arts to help his Muay Thai students better prepare for competition in the ring